Monday 27 April 2009

In case you missed it: My Resident Evil 5 review



In case you missed my linking to it on twitter late last week, here's another link to the full 1600-odd words I had to say in review of Resident Evil 5. I have a lovely relationship with the people at GamingSA and I hope they keep sending me games to review occasionally.

I was pretty critical of the game overall, but I was otherwise quite happy with how the review came together. It starts like this,

Here’s a quick test to decide whether or not you will find Resident Evil 5 (RE5) enjoyable – what reaction do you have to the following image: “Chris Redfield punching a car sized boulder into boiling lava”. Do you find the image a) awesome and exciting, b) silly and clichéd, c) brain-offendingly stupid? Depending on your choice, you will have a radically different experience with RE5. That image is representative of the kind of Guano crazy logic this game uses to tell a story with more twists, turns and convolutions than 6 volumes of The Law Society Journal. At the end of this review, I’ll reveal which option I picked. See if you can guess by the end.

And carries on like that for a good few paragraphs.
I'm really not going to miss playing this game now that I've completed my review.

4 comments:

Erik said...

Could you post a link? I can't seem to find one anywhere. ;)

Ben Abraham said...

-_-

I *do* have readers that don't follow me on twitter you know! =P

Rayfield said...

Chris punching boulders = awesome

A finale on top of a volcano = awesome

Everything Wesker does = awesome

My experience with RE5 = quite a lot of fun indeed.

Ben Abraham said...

Hah! Well, you heard it here first folks. Some people can and do enjoy RE5.